Do you want to create the next most viewed Instagram video?
It’s not going to be easy.
Just having the right IG tools in your arsenal isn’t going to be enough.
To create Instagram videos that spread like wildfire, you need a winning framework.
And what better way to get some Instagram inspiration than to learn from brands that created videos with truckloads of views.
In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the most viewed Instagram videos to get clues on how to create high-performing IG videos.
Table of Contents
- Lady Gaga — “Tattoo”
- Khaby Lame — “Learn from Khaby”
- Letterlapse — “Cup of Joe”
- Cochin Aquatics — “One Word, Happiness”
- Krish Gawali — “GTA Poster with a Dog”
- Tips to get more Instagram video views
- Publishing Great Videos on Instagram
- What are the best tools for creating Instagram videos?
- Should you upload videos as posts, Reels, or Stories?
- How to make a video longer for Instagram Story?
- Start your journey towards creating the most viewed Instagram video.
1. Lady Gaga — “Tattoo”
The first clip was posted in 2019 by singer, songwriter, and actress Lady Gaga.
It’s also the most liked Instagram post on the site.
Many blogs state that Lady Gaga’s tattoo video has the most views on the site with nearly 25 million views. But, in a minute, you’ll know that those sources are outdated.
In the video, the celebrity showed a simple tattoo of music notes that represent G-A-G-A, which fans and followers with a little music background loved.
Granted, Lady Gaga has over 51 million followers on Instagram. But some people theorized that its popularity had something to do with Bradley Cooper, whom the singer allegedly used to date.
Suggested Article: 487+ Best, Most Popular, Viral Hashtags for Instagram this 2022
What SMM agencies can learn
Social media users love a little mystery—even more so if there are rumors floating around the subject matter. They love to guess, theorize, and discuss their ideas.
Celebrities aren’t the only ones who can use mystery to attain social media relevance.
If possible, consider creating Instagram videos that don’t spoon-feed the whole story to your audience. Give your followers something to talk about, be it about celebrities, thought-provoking questions, or trending news.
A little intrigue will make it hard for people to get something out of their heads. Whatever you do, just try not to post about something controversial or divisive.
Suggested Article: 142+ Instagram Poll Questions to Ask Your Followers
2. Khaby Lame — “Learn from Khaby”
Khaby is a social media influencer who rose to fame in the midst of the pandemic.Thanks to his success, he could upload the next most viewed Instagram video and no one will be surprised.
His most viewed video depicts his character checking to see if he unplugged a flatiron multiple times.
His brand is built around relatability and poking fun at “tutorials” that needlessly make tasks, like peeling bananas, more complicated.In most cases, he even features the accounts he’s basically mocking at the beginning of each clip.
What SMM agencies can learn
Imagine this: thousands of videos that went viral are from creators who don’t take themselves too seriously. In fact, a lot of them create videos not for fans, but simply for friends.
Less serious is fun, authentic, and relatable.
These are the things social media users are after — not highly promotional content from businesses.
3. Letterlapse — “Cup of Joe”
This next video is posted by Letterlapse.com — a typography art page that uploads lettering pictures and designs. It netted an impressive 351,781,538 views since it was uploaded back in 2016.
The video’s uploader also claims that it’s the most viewed video on Instagram. And, looking at the massive numbers, he’s not wrong.
Curiously, it’s the only Instagram video that has viral-level views on the Instagram account.
The post is a timelapse video of the artist designing with the phrase “cup of joe” — that’s it.
It doesn’t feature extravagant effects. In fact, the clip doesn’t even have audio.What it shows, however, is a person having fun and getting creative with their passion.
Suggested Article: How to Get Followers on Instagram Without Following
What SMM agencies can learn
Sometimes, people care more about the rigorous process that happens behind the scenes — not the end product.
Showcase the art behind what your company does. Don’t rely on effects, filters, or extensive editing and let your audience focus on your content’s essence.
For agencies, try posting about all the detail-oriented processes and work that goes into your client’s product or service.
Brought to you by
Try Vista Social for Free
A social media management platform that actually helps you grow with easy-to-use content planning, scheduling, engagement and analytics tools.
Get Started Now
You can also post Instagram videos about your client’s culture, be it during a typical huddle, a Halloween party, or any memorable company moment. The same formula can be applied if you want to create one of the most viewed Instagram Reels or Stories.
4. Cochin Aquatics — “One Word, Happiness”
Their video shows a woman feeding a school of Koi — a species of ornamental fish — before smiling at the camera.
It’s yet another proof that you don’t need loads of effects or meticulous editing to connect with Instagram users. As long as your idea is unique and your message is undiluted, people are willing to lend their attention.
What SMM agencies can learn
Apart from the video’s simplicity, Cochin Aquatics also managed to reach millions of viewers through the video’s concise caption.
“One word, happiness” is impactful as it is memorable. To top it all off, they sprinkled the caption with a set of well-used hashtags, which maximized the video’s searchability.
Combining these elements allowed them to create their most liked post. It proves that you don’t need a million followers to get the attention of Instagram users.
5. Krish Gawali — “GTA Poster with a Dog”
Krish Gawali is a popular creator who managed to snag millions of views on Instagram.
The video, which is less than 10 seconds long, shows Krish and his dog posing as videogame characters. It appealed massively to his audience, which consists of millennials and aspiring video creators — attaining incredible social media engagement.
What SMM agencies can learn
Know your audience, cover topics they care about, and don’t waste their time. Just focus on what’s useful and relevant to your audience—that’s how to create a most-viewed Instagram video.
You don’t need long and elaborate videos to create something Instagram users will enjoy.
Sometimes, memes, cute expressions, and food clips are enough to create a most-viewed video on the platform.
Ready to give your content workflow and posts a major upgrade? Try AI Assistant powered by ChatGPT today! 🤖💙
Tips to get more Instagram video views
While there is no one-size-fits-all formula to get your client’s Instagram videos more views, there are tips and tricks to point you in the right direction.
- Optimize your client’s content. Ensure your client’s videos are visually appealing, engaging, and provide value to target audiences. Use high-quality visuals, captivating captions, and appropriate hashtags to make your client’s Instagram videos easy to discover, expanding audience reach and, in turn, views.
- Post consistently. Publish videos regularly and at the right times to maximize your client’s reach. Use Instagram analytics or a reliable social media management tool to determine the best times to post to reach and engage target audiences.
- Use Instagram Stories. Use creative content, such as polls, questions, and interactive stickers to keep your client’s audiences engaged. The more engaging the content, the higher the chances of more people viewing your client’s IG video Stories.
- Collaborate with influencers. Work with influencers in your client’s industry to help them reach a larger audience. Choose influencers with audiences that are relevant to your client’s brand and have an engaged following.
- Promote your video. Use Instagram ads to help get your client’s Instagram videos, from Instagram Reels to a live stream, directly in front of target audiences. You can target specific demographics and interests to ensure the videos reach the right people.
- Ensure audience engagement. If you run your client’s IG account, respond to comments and messages. Interact with followers to build relationships and keep them engaged with your client’s videos and other video content, including Instagram Reel and Instagram live.
Follow these tips to help increase your client’s Instagram video views and grow their brand on the platform.
Publishing Great Videos on Instagram
A great idea will take you places when it comes to promoting videos on Instagram.
Once get your stroke of brilliance, it’s time to put your content together.
To help you with this, we answered three of the most-asked questions about Instagram videos:
What are the best tools for creating Instagram videos?
There are a bunch of tools that can help you create killer videos for Instagram:
- Vista Social — For Instagram automation, post scheduling, and social media listening.
- KineMaster — Use tools to add transition effects, apply filters, compress video for Instagram, and more.
- Clips (iOS only) — Utilize the AR features of iOS devices to achieve unique video effects.
- Flick — Find the best hashtags to maximize your video’s searchability and website traffic.
Should you upload videos as posts, Reels, or Stories?
There isn’t an across-the-board answer on how to share a video on Instagram.
It depends on how you want target audiences to consume your videos.
- Posts — Upload long and permanent videos that users can watch at any time. Posts are great for publishing evergreen video content, such as product tutorials, interviews, and customer testimonials.
- Instagram Stories — Connect with your audience through short, time-limited clips or save them as highlights. Add shoppable stickers, GIFs, music, and polls if you have ideas for the best questions to ask on Instagram Story.
- Instagram Reels — Publish videos that are up to 60 seconds long and make them discoverable to other accounts through the Reels page. You can use multiple clips, filters, stickers, backgrounds, interactive effects, and more.
How to make a video longer for Instagram Story?
Instagram allows you to share videos up to 60 seconds long as Stories. However, these will be split into multiple 15-second segments as soon as they’re uploaded.
Unfortunately, there’s no real way to bypass the 15-second limit on Instagram Stories.
You can, however, upload videos as Reels and share them on Instagram Stories. This way, users have the option to tap your story and watch up to 30 seconds via Instagram Reels.
Suggested Article: Content Pillars for Instagram: Examples, Tips, And Steps
Start your journey towards creating the most viewed Instagram videos.
There’s a science behind every popular Instagram video ever posted. And you don’t have to be Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Cristiano Ronaldo, or Kylie Jenner to create one that racks a million views.
You can say it’s all about captions, hashtags, promotion strategies, or each brand’s overall social influence. But no one can deny that it takes a brilliant and original idea to rack millions of views.
If you’re looking to streamline your social media marketing initiatives and bring more traffic to your site, sign up for a free Vista Social account today.